REGIONAL CONNECTOR TRANSIT CORRIDOR
COST: $1.47 BILLION
- Provided static and dynamic geotechnical recommendations for the stations and cut and cover structures
- Geomechanical numerical analyses performed for the project to analyze seismic racking behavior of the underground structures
- Adjacent buildings settlement analyses due to deflection of the shoring. The analyses were used in support of development of building projection plan
GERALD DESMOND BRIDGE REPLACEMENT
CLIENT: Shimmick, FCC,
Impregilo J V
COST: $1 Billion
- Performed site-specific non-linear time history seismic analysis for main span structure.
- Served as Environmental compliance manager Contaminant plume modeling and analysis during the construction phase.
- Geotechnical Engineer of Record and review of seismic and foundation reports.
STATE ROUTE 91 IMPROVEMENT
- Developed post advanced planning study geotechnical data reports for bridges.
- Provided daily review of design-build contractors submittals.
- All work performed under formal QA/QC program in accordance with ISO 9000.
- Provided quality control materials testing and inspection.
MTA EXPOSITION LIGHT RAIL PHASE 2
CLIENT: Parsons Brinkerhoff Design- Skanska-
Rados Joint Venture
COST: $1.5 Billion
- Materials evaluation of 1920’s brick arch tunnel under light rail road.
- Provided geotechnical recommendations for Expo LRT stations over Sepulveda Blvd. and centinela.
- Multiple Mechanical Stabilized Earth (MSE) light rail walls.
LAUSD DORSEY HIGH SCHOOL
CLIENT: Los Angeles Unified
COST: $28 Million
- Provided materials testing for Los Angeles Unified School District’ s First Design-Build Project.
- Geotechnical oversight provided through the construction.
- Q uality control inspection services.
SOCIAL & BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE BUILDING
CLIENT: San Diego
COST: $40.5 Million
- Construction testing, materials testing and special inspection
- Provided geotechnical parameters for foundation design.
- Testing services for all reinforcing steel, reinforced concrete, post-tensioned concrete, structural steel, bolts, welding, masonry, anchors and fireproofing.
LA METRO GOLD LINE ICONIC BRIDGE
CLIENT: Skanska USA &
COST: $20 Million
- Provided seismic design for the Iconic Bridge
- Provided geotechnical engineering design recommendations and support during construction.
- Provided foundation recommendations for large 10 ft. Cast In Drilled Hole (CIDH) piles.
MATHEMATICS AND SOCIAL SCIENCE BUILDING
SAN DIEGO, CA
CLIENT: San Diego
COST: $81 Million
- Provided testing services for reinforcing steel, reinforced concrete, post-tensioned concrete, structural steel, bolts, welding, masonry,anchors and fire proofing.
- Geotechnical parameters for foundation design.
- Provided construction testing, materials testing and special inspection.
LACCD OLIVE STREET PARKING STRUCTURE
Los Angeles, CA
CLIENT: Los Angeles
COST: $13 .4 Million
- Served as the Inspector of Record.
- Construction support services including material testing and quality control inspection services.
STATE ROUTE 22 IMPROVEMENTS
Orange County, CA
CLIENT: Orange County
Authority (OCTA) &
COST: $490 Million
- Developed 3 3 post advanced planning study geotechnical data reports for 3 3 bridges.
- Work performed under a formal Q A/Q C program in accordance with the ISO 9000.
- Provided construction support services including material testing and inspection.
- Moderate seismic accelerations and shallow groundwater
MTA ORANGE LINE BUS RAPID TRANSIT PHASE 1
Los Angeles, CA
COST: $324 Million
- Provided geotechnical investigation and cost efficient pavement section design recommendations for the ÿrst dedicated BRT
in California that saved MTA $10 million in project cost
- Project included a petro-mat and tack coat system.
MTA PASADENA GOLD LINE
CLIENT: Kiewit/W ashington
COST: $300 Million
- Provided 10 segment reports, 13 station reports, 2 seismic and 1 new pedestrian overcrossing report
- The reports provided recommendations for retaining walls, MSE walls, stations and platforms, Caltrans structure foundations,
static and seismic earth pressures for temporary shoring and permanent walls, etc..
CROUL HALL – EARTH SYSTEMS SCIENCE BUILDING
University of California, Irvine, CA
CLIENT: Hensel Phelps
COST: $42 Million
- Provided estimated elevation contours for the alluvial/bedrock.
- Provided evaluation of the temporary construction slopes required for basement construction and underground utility installation.
- Provided geotechnical analysis and value engineering to the Design-Build Team.